This role will use expertise in technical disciplines (e.g. UI design, application design, web service design, databases, virtualization, security, etc.) and expertise in business functions (internal communications, employee self-serve, single sign-on, and identity and access management) to guide rapid design and development of solutions for new systems and enhancements to existing systems. Must be experienced in the design, development, and implementation of software applications, unit testing, participation in code reviews and system test processes through code and test reviews, and analysis and remediation of code review and test defects.
Must have excellent communication skills, including: writing, listening, and verbal. Capable of translating technical topics to business sponsors and executives. Soft skills are needed to lead and collaborate with software vendors, project managers, business analysts, architecture peers, developers, middleware staff, testing team, and Database and Linux/Unix administrators. Demonstrated ability to be a high performer on a team, to be a self-starter, and in taking initiative in ambiguous situations.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the employee user’s experience.
- Design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software. Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Research, unit test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on customer requirements. Design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Reviews documents, including project charters, functional requirements, non-functional requirements and high-level designs to ensure detailed design work and implementation can use the information provided. Consults with project team and end users to identify application requirements. Participates in development of software documentation and run books.
- Address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Conducts detailed analysis of log files and performance statistics of new or existing systems to identify previously unknown performance, functional or security issues and provides recommendations for remediation of issues.
- Conducts design reviews, code reviews and deployment procedure reviews with development teams and operations personnel.
- Resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Provides informal training and mentoring to senior technical personnel on platforms, tools and practices.
- Adheres to industry-specific local, state, and federal regulations as applicable.
- Knows, understands, and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- Expert knowledge of at least two application server platforms (WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.) Knowledge of editing/creating Weblogic data sources. Hands on experience with Start and Shut down of Apache, Weblogic
- Hands on experience on creating intranets, extranets, composite applications, and self-service portals
- General awareness of Oracle, Eclipse, Apache servers, Load Balancers, JVMs, Unix/Linux
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting logs, garbage collection, caches, monitoring tools
- Ability to prepare and perform a code review and deployment
- Ability to understand and design Dataflow Diagrams using Visio or similar tools
- Ability to make complex changes to web templates and content management systems
- Have experience creating deployment Method of Procedures
- Have knowledge and experience with Agile development methodology
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field or related work experience,
- Experience developing, designing, and configuring systems and/or applications
- Project-based work experience
- Experience working in Telecommunications industry
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Master’s Degree preferred
Job ID #16388