Our client is hiring an IT QA to lead the design, creation, and execution of testing artifacts using enterprise standard tools and processes to ensure that software releases and program documentation conform to programming and customer specifications.
The QA professional will be expected to create and own the Master Test Plan and manage changes to that plan. As IT QA, they will support changes to production, review and approve the test strategy and test plans and analyze requirements and to ensure testability.
This role is for an experienced IT QA with experience in ensuring accuracy and managing the requirement traceability matrix. They will communicate project status, progress and issues to project team and QA manager and facilitates defect resolution. They will be responsible to ensure test activities have been completed according to plan, meets business requirements, and functions as designed and will prioritize testing and time lines for deployments to meet assigned plan. As IT QA, they will act as project contact for all QA questions/clarifications and testing related discussions and issues for assigned projects. They will also facilitate the feedback loop to development, requirements, and business, using data collected across the SDLC and ensure feedback is actionable, and supports the prevention and containment of defects to propagate downstream, further into the SDLC. Candidate should have experience in the definition of necessary SOX compliance controls and be able to evaluates and manage test case usage (one-time, smoke test, regression suite, automation, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline
- 5-6 years relevant QA/testing work experience
- Experience or practical familiarity with HP ALM Quality Center for managing QA processes
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server and ability to write and execute basic queries
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Preferred work experience in IT/Technical Services, retail or supply chain organizations
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrates effective IT/Technical Service system and business function documentation skills
- Demonstrates strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrate advanced facilitation skills with the ability to drive toward common solutions
- Demonstrate advanced interviewing, listening, and observational skills used to identify and define user needs
- Demonstrate strong analytical and conceptual skills used to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, while reconciling discrepancies
- Demonstrate strong analytical modeling skills (models that clearly and easily communicate concepts to customers).
- Knowledge of the assigned business areas and clear comprehension of their business objectives, challenges, and ways to use technology to address them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to present to and influence others
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing business needs and leverage technology in support of the needs
- Demonstrates the ability to bring applicable project aligned groups together and facilitate cross-group issues and resolve competing priorities
- Demonstrates ability to resolve complex problems, obtaining advice from key subject matter experts as needed.
Job ID# 16832