Description and Responsibilities:
In this position you will work closely with the Business Development functions with-in the organization to pursue design/build turnkey projects, and building shell erect projects when appropriate. You will also be responsible for review of customer requests for proposals (RFP’s), developing proposal strategy, assembling and directing the proposal team and the internal estimating team, design engineers, external design professionals and/or design-build contractors. You will be working closely with the local governmental authorities and other agencies having jurisdiction over the project, assessing project risk and addressing mitigation of those risks, coordination with the customer and preparation of proposal response to include owner contract review and comment as required.
- Develop and implement a business strategy to penetrate and grow turnkey and material erect opportunities in the commercial and industrial business sectors.
- Coordinate with Chief Estimator, Engineering Manager, Manager of Erection Services, WL Concrete and other internal groups to best utilize division resources and manage the cost of overall proposal efforts.
- Review proposal costs on a monthly basis to confirm only appropriate costs are being charged to the relevant proposal cost code.
- Maintain team focus and approach toward creativity and innovation in order to provide proposed solutions that address customer’s needs and are offered at a competitive price.
- Assist the estimating group as required to identify qualified sub-contractors for various phase of the work.
- Assist the estimating group in preparing budget pricing and final pricing as required.
- Develop a collaborative work environment that works across division lines to support key activities.
- Work with the Management Team to develop and execute strategy for the division.
- Become the champion of each proposal by taking charge and leading the team to success.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10 years of experience in design - build construction project development, or project execution at the senior project manager level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design or construction related discipline, Or sufficient work experience.
- A proven track record of High Performance results.
Job ID #15663