The team is responsible for the business applications that support the entire car sale business process. Applications include: SOLD, AMO, IDA, Car Sales Reporting Tool, Vehicle Inventory Control, and several other custom applications written in Java and .NET.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2, Software (.NET) you will be primarily responsible for maintaining and updating a Reporting Tool Application. You will be expected to acquire a deep, technical knowledge and thorough understanding of solution design, constraints and operational approaches for this application while also being available to work on all of the applications as needed. You will create and maintain collaborative partnerships with business partners and stakeholders to build and implement technology solutions, as well as actively anticipate and solve problems during and after delivery.
The scope of your role includes applying advanced knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve a wide range of moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways. You will be a Subject matter expert on Reporting Tool application as well as define, develop, communicate, and implement standards, processes, and procedures for the team in regards to this product; assist with project planning; provide technical expertise to other Car Sales applications. You will be expected to have significant autonomy over completion of day-to-day work and receive general instructions on new projects or assignments. Establishing, maintaining and fostering relationships both within and outside the team will be critical in this role as well.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Windows Servers
- Web & Mobile application development
- Proficient knowledge in object-oriented application development principles, theories, and concepts using .NET specific design patterns and usage
- 5+ years of experience using .NET and associated technologies in n-tier development environments
- 1+ years of experience with MVC
- 1+ years of SQL Server database environment & SQL
- 2+Years of experience in SSIS
- 2+ Years of TSQL, Stored Procedures and SQL Server capabilities
- Experience in an Agile and/or Scrum environment
- Restful (or Rest) Services experience
- Experience with the configuration and setup of IIS servers
- Experience with the use of version control systems for code management (Git, Bitbucket is a plus)
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications software
- Must have good communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams
- Ability to take ownership of products design, development, testing and delivery
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of Unix operating systems is a plus
- Cloud based application development