Industrial Hygienist Level 4
Los Alamos, NM Posted: 7/7/2023
EGS is currently seeking applicants for a Industrial Hygienist Level 4 position supporting our DOE (Dept. Of Energy) customer in Los Alamos, NM. This is a long-term assignment with top competitive rates and Per Diem. Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
Subcontractor will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety, security and quality an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
- Providing field support for routine monitoring and collaborating with other professionals to ensure sound and effective program implementation
- Providing Industrial Hygiene & Safety technical guidance to CH-TRU operations on environmental remediation (ER) problems and issues.
- Conducting investigations of the site to determine the extent of contamination, defining the alternatives that can be employed to complete the cleanup and insuring that the work will be in accordance with all federal and state regulatory requirements and within N3B's Industrial Hygiene & Safety policies
- Overseeing and developing IH processes necessary for ensuring compliance with technical and regulatory requirements to assist in the development of TRU waste isolation and/or removal strategies
- Appling the hierarchy of controls to eliminate or mitigate hazards while ensuring CH-TRU mission success
- Monitoring and reviewing the Industrial Hygiene & Safety performance of subcontractors in the areas of work planning, work execution, installation, inspections, material control, and other areas of their work to confirm that they are performing in accordance with the provisions of the subcontract
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES):
- ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE, AND DEMONSTRATED APPLICATION, OF DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE) AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS RELATED TO INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE AND SAFETY IN A RESEARCH ENVIRONMENT.
- ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF AND EXPERIENCE IMPLEMENTING INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE/SAFETY-RELATED RISK ASSESSMENTS AND CORRECTIVE ACTIONS.
- ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION OF TECHNIQUES AND PROCEDURES FOR INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE EXPOSURE ASSESSMENT (BOTH QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE), TO INCLUDE SAMPLING AND SAMPLING
- ADVANCED EXPERIENCE WITH TECHNIQUES/INSTRUMENTATION, SAMPLE ANALYSIS, AND SELECTION/IMPLEMENTATION OF CONTROLS.
- ADVANCED SKILL IN THE PREPARATION AND COMMUNICATION OF INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE/SAFETY TECHNICAL INFORMATION TO TECHNICAL AND NON-TECHNICAL PERSONNEL.
- ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY TO APPLY THE HIERARCHY OF CONTROLS TO ELIMINATE OR MITIGATE HAZARDS WHILE ENSURING MISSION SUCCESS.
- ADVANCED EXPERIENCE AND SKILL IN CONDUCTING RESEARCH, INVESTIGATING ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS, AND RECOMMENDING SOLUTIONS TO INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE AND SAFETY RELATED PROBLEMS.
- DEMONSTRATED EXCELLENT INTERPERSONAL SKILLS, INCLUDING THE ABILITY TO WORK EFFECTIVELY WITHIN A TEAM ENVIRONMENT AND PROVIDE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION OF INTEGRATED SAFETY MANAGEMENT, INTEGRATED WORK MANAGEMENT, AND OTHER INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE AND SAFETY PROCEDURES.
- ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY TO EVALUATE HAZARD CONTROLS AND EXPOSURE DATA IN ORDER TO MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS.
- ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY TO DEVELOP, REVIEW, AND EVALUATE SITE-SPECIFIC SAFETY/HEALTH PROGRAMS AND REQUIREMENTS.
- ADVANCED EXPERIENCE AND SKILL IN CONDUCTING RESEARCH, INVESTIGATING ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS AND RECOMMENDING SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS AFFECTING INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE AND SAFETY.
- ADVANCED ABILITY TO REPRESENT THE ORGANIZATION AND LABORATORY ON VARIOUS INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL BOARDS AND COMMITTEES.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN RELATED TECHNICAL DISCIPLINE AND A MINIMUM OF 9 YEARS OF RELATED EXPERIENCE OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL EXPERIENCE.
- AN MS DEGREE AND CERTIFIED INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST (CIH) THE AMERICAN BOARD OF INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE AND/OR CERTIFIED SAFETY PROFESSIONAL (CSP) IS PREFERRED
Already have an account? Log in here