Mechanical Designer (DH)
Camden, NJ Posted: 9/11/2023
Come join a growing multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers designing the next generation nuclear power plant. The Designer models and creates drawings of components and structures that are part of the power plant. The models and drawings will provide the necessary input data for analysis and licensing documents needed to license and construct the power plant. The Designer must be detail oriented and eager to learn new skills to efficiently complete all assigned tasks. The designer role could be filled by a wide range of backgrounds - an industry experienced designer, a degreed engineer who has a passion for designing, someone with an associate's degree related to designing.
Positions are available in Camden, NJ and Covert, MI and Buchanan, NY. Relocation assistance available.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Execute design activities: CAD, design for manufacturability, and technical documentation.
- Prepare and review engineering models and drawings.
- Create or improve concept designs based on an ambiguous set of requirements and develop them into mature designs by critical thinking, literature research, and interacting with team members from other disciplines and vendors.
- Collaborate with colleagues and subcontractors.
- Support the preparation of design deliverables, presentations, and communicate design progress in stakeholder meetings.
- Associate degree in Drafting and Design, Computer Aided Drafting and Design, or closely related field. Or 2+ years of BS in engineering completed.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Excellent attention to detail and capable of producing error-free documents.
- Effective communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment, flexibility, adaptability, and ability to act independently.
- Ability to manage personal tasks and deadlines.
- Strong math, analytical, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Eligible to work under 10 CFR Part 810.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- BS in mechanical, civil, nuclear, or closely related field of engineering.
- Experience working with fabricators/constructors to develop practical and cost-effective designs.
- Experience with the SmartPlant software suite.
Already have an account? Log in here