Summary of Responsibilities
Under limited direction, responsible for planning and implementing highly complex cost Risk Management functions and systems for various size and types of projects conditional on requirements as defined by DOE and the Directorate. Oversees the work, resources, and dollars using Risk Management tools drawing from advanced understanding of project management methodology, project control principles, and hands-on experience with Risk Management software. Leads multiple specialists or analysts, and interfaces with other Lab Project Controls Specialists in the development of templates, serving as a Risk Management tool expert, and advising division/project managers on the trends and progress of their plans and risks.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Working with senior line management, project managers, and project teams, develops, implements, and maintains the project controls system risk management database and work structure.
* Ensure that the project complies with DOE project controls system requirements.
* Utilizing Project Controls (PC) tools standards; develop, implement, and maintain the project Risk Management System.
* Performs project risk data analysis in conjunction with the Control Account Managers (CAM) and trend projections, develops metrics to analyze and processes updates to the project risks and implementing revisions.
* Provides and participates in project start-up to completion risk analysis of plans, statements of work, and other types of planning documents on highly complex projects with substantial scope and high level of risk.
* Provides risk analysis of proposed contracts with respect to risks imposed on subcontractors; interfacing with Lab managers in monitoring and directing their efforts; participates in meetings involving risk mitigation, maintenance and revisions of subcontractors.
* Conducts risk analyses and assessments; identifies high-risk issues that could impact project success and recommends solutions.
* Analyzes and evaluates existing systems recommending changes and new systems, striving to make project estimation systems more efficient, effective, and responsive.
* Interfaces with the project's technical staff, financial staff, project managers and the functional managers on all aspects of cost controls and scheduling, providing a development plan and annual performance goals relating to Lab's objectives.
* Works with the project's technical staff, project management, and functional managers to:
o Develop resource needs (Labor and M&S) and the project's Basis of risks (BOE); for incorporation to the schedule and baseline
o Process ETC updates to generate the project's EAC
o Manage and maintain the project's Change Control process
o Develop project's risk analysis, monthly status and performance reporting
o Develop presentations about the project schedules, resources, and project risks
* Generates, presents and assists senior managers with progress and presentations pertaining to the project risks, resources, and project performance.
* Leads in the training and directs junior staff in maintaining the correct application and implementation of cost estimation as defined by DOE Order 413.3; provides supervision to staff members within the project controls functions.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Abides by and is responsible for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position.
* Respect, understand, and value individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
* Abide by all environmental, safety, and health regulations.
* Work may require up to 10% project travel.