Accounting Clerk II
Denver, CO Posted: 9/12/2023
Accounting Clerk II
Location: Denver, CO
This position uses knowledge of double entry bookkeeping in performing one or more of the following: posting actions to journals, identifying subsidiary accounts affected, making debit and credit entries and assigning proper codes.
The Accounting Clerk II may review computer printouts against manually maintained journals, detect and correct erroneous postings, and prepare documents to adjust account classifications and other data, or review lists of transactions rejected by an automated system. In this instance, the Accounting Clerk II will determine reasons for rejections and prepare necessary correcting material. On routine assignments, a contractor employee will select and apply established procedures and techniques. Detailed instructions are provided for difficult or unusual assignments. Completed work and methods used are reviewed for technical accuracy.
- Knowledge of disbursements and collections and proper use of procedures and business practices established by Reclamation.
- Knowledge and understanding of processing financial documents through the Core Financial and Travel modules of the Financial Business & Management System (FBMS).
- Ability to analyze accounting classification and determine the need for the type of adjustments necessary to reconcile general ledger accounts and Master Data for suspense and cash.
- Knowledge and skill of various systems such as Concur Government Edition (CGE), Internet Payment Platform (IPP), Federal Payroll and Personnel System, SharePoint and Treasury Systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of laws, regulations and instructions governing Debt Collect Act; the Prompt Pay Act of 1982; OMB Business Rules for Intra-Governmental Exchange Transactions, GSA Travel Regulations, Comptroller General Decisions and other established policies as they apply to payment claims against the Federal Government.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in order to exchange information and provide guidance to vendors, customers and employees at all levels throughout the Bureau of Reclamation.
The hourly rate paid for this position is $23.11. Benefits provided.
Already have an account? Log in here