Engineer/Field Engineer/Construction Manager/Survey
1 yr w/ 2opt
Electrical Job Coordinator
US Citizenship Required
PPPL, in Princeton, NJ / Hourly
1-yr contract with two 6 mth option periods of extension / Deadline 01/27/2023
As a Job Coordinator, this individual works directly for the Associate Project Manager and
Cognizant Engineer (COG) in coordinating the safe installation of assigned NSTX-U Recovery field
modifications in accordance with established designs and PPPL procedures.
● Reviews, and on a case-by-case basis, prepares modification documents (e.g., installation
● Along with the assigned COG, leads procedure walk-throughs and pre-job briefings to ensure
the objectives of these interventions are met.
● Coordinates detailed planning activities to ensure required prerequisites (e.g., procedures, JHAs,
parts, special tools, M&TE) are satisfied and work is started, as scheduled.
● Prepares installation of NSTX-U modifications and through observation and ensures that 1) JHA
and safety rules are being followed, 2) modifications are being installed in accordance with
procedures, drawings and specifications, and 3) work is progressing on schedule.
● Identifies and takes or prompts timely action to correct adverse safety, quality and performance
● Interfaces and coordinates with support organizations (e.g., engineering, QA/QC, ESH, PPPL
● Initiates and coordinates needed procedure and drawing changes with the COG to keep work
progressing in the field.
● Along with the assigned COG, directs post-modification inspections and tests.
system installations and modifications in construction, operations, maintenance, outages at
commercial nuclear power plants or Department of Energy national laboratories or equivalent,
highly regulated work environments.