Engineer/Field Engineer/Construction Manager/Survey
EGS is seeking Fire Protection Engineers with at least six (6) years of experience in providing fire protection engineering services for DOE governmental facilities in Los Alamos, NM. A Society of Fire Protection Engineers Professional Member is preferred.
* Will provide fire protection engineering services for facilities within the DOE complex.
* Must be able to independently apply extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and relates fields.
* Will work on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features.
* Receives supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
* Included are design tasks like conceptual studies, program requirements, design analyses, calculations, equipment selection and layout, and system selection and layout.
* Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
* Coordinate all support activities required to complete all design efforts and quality assurance processes.
* Work with other disciplines to ensure accuracy of the package, meet schedule, and budget commitments.
* Meet with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of work.
* Prepare fee proposals for fire protection design work.
Ability to Obtain L
* Experience performing fire hazard analysis.
* Registered Fire Protection PE is a plus
* Uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices.
* Specific experience in designing fire protection systems for DOE and military projects is preferred.
* Experience with building and fire safety code analysis, fire dynamic analysis, and fire risk analysis is required.
* Experience with computer-based fire dynamic and evacuation simulation modeling is a plus.
* Design in HVAC and plumbing systems is a plus.
* Experience interfacing with client contacts.
* Design/Build experience is a plus.
* Proficiency with MS Office.
* Familiarity with fire protection design software programs like AutoSPRINK a plus
* AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation and/or Bentley BIM is a plus.
* Bachelor of Sciences from an ABET Accredited Program
* Area of discipline - Fire protection, Mechanical, Architectural, or Electrical engineering degree with experience in fire protection
* Ability to obtain P.E. in NM, TN, SC, CO
* Up to approximately 25% travel will be required.
Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship.
Location - Los Alamos, NM
May qualify to receive travel per diem per DOE requirements.