Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking archaeological technicians to support with public and private sector project, throughout California. The individual will assist on field survey, site recordation, monitoring, and technical reports. Specifically, seeking individuals located in and around the Sacramento, Fresno, Los Angeles, and San Diego, California regions. The individual(s) will largely work remote and in the field, but will report to the nearest office as needed, and direct supervisor in San Diego, California.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Fieldwork including but not limited to; survey, testing, excavation, monitoring, site recordation, and report preparation
- Work directly with other archaeologist, Native American monitors, biologist, environmental planners and project managers.
- Provide enthusiasm and commitment to client service and technical excellence.
- Successful candidates will be familiar with working within a fast-paced consulting environment and help to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BA/BS or higher in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely related field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in archaeological field and/or laboratory work in California.
- Candidates must be able and willing to travel and work outdoors in remote locations and for extended periods under all weather conditions, sometimes traversing rugged terrain.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
- Excellent interpersonal communication and management skills
- The ability to work closely with clients, engineers and other technical specialists as part of a larger combined project team.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, etc.) and GIS applications and software.
- Familiar with preparing Department of Parks and Recreation Forms (DPR 523- series) required
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination in order to work on the project.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.