Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
The San Diego Area (San Diego and Imperial Counties) is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the environmental team. This person will manage environmental projects and be our primary point of contact with key regional clients. The candidate must have an extensive assessment and remediation background and proven successful project portfolio building skills. This is a future leader position for a candidate looking to learn and demonstrate leadership for the future growth of a high-performing team.
Skills and Experience:
- Direct and oversee environmental site assessments, soil and groundwater assessments, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, remediation system design/operation, construction, multi-media compliance efforts, and other supporting technical studies;
- Direct and oversee large programs and multiple projects simultaneously within scope, schedule and ensure quality is achieved on project deliverables;
- Well-developed presentation, loss prevention, and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced technical writer/detailed reviewer of data/reports;
- Experience/working-knowledge with San Diego Department of Health, Regional Water Quality Control Boards, and California Department of Toxic Substances Control; experience working with US Navy is a plus; and
- High level of competency in environmental consulting ? including financial management, client management, and risk management.
This opportunity encompasses analysis of environmental data from environmental an/or hydrogeologic investigations and familiarity with remediation systems.
- Business development activities, leading and supporting proposal and contract interview activities
- Project team management;
- Front-line client interaction/communications;
- Quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) accountability;
- Data analyses in support of scientific investigations and engineered solutions; and
- Coordination of regulatory communications/meetings.
The role also encompasses:
- Staff supervision and team leadership;
- Assisting with career tracking in loss prevention and risk management; and
- Client management.
As a senior project manager and role model, this leadership position requires an excellent attitude and an ability to communicate and effectively manage a talented bench of internal and external team members.
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience in environmental consulting, in-depth knowledge of California and federal environmental regulations, history of strong client relationships and the ability to provide high-end technical advisory support and win new contracts.
BS (MS preferred) from an accredited college/university with a major in civil/environmental engineering, geology, or related field is required. Professional licensure (PE or PG) required.
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination in order to work on the project.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.