Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder's Cerritos office is seeking Multi-Certified ICC Special Inspectors to join our southern California team.
We provide construction inspection and material testing services to a broad range of local and national clients. We are looking for individuals who are interested in joining a dynamic team and building their career in the field of construction inspection and materials testing.
We're looking for a person with strong initiative, who will perform routine to complex inspection and testing of construction materials in the field to verify conformance to construction plans and specifications. The inspector will prepare daily reports and data sheets and may be called upon to perform various tasks at the discretion of their supervisor.
Consideration for this position requires the following certifications or experience:
- ICC reinforced concrete certification with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade I
In addition to the above required certifications, hiring preference with be given to those with any of the following desired certifications:
- ICC certifications
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector
- County of Los Angeles certifications
- Los Angeles City certifications
- Nuclear gauge training and soils testing experience
- Demonstrate the ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team
- Excellent organizational, interposal, and communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to use a computer and have a general knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and photo management software
- Ability to learn and grow with technological demands pertaining to daily field reports and field data
- An excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays
- Certification cost reimbursement
- Hourly rate incentive and bonus program to obtain additional certifications
- Reimbursement for certification renewals and jurisdictional certifications
- Paid travel and mileage from your home office to and from project sites
This is a career opportunity to become a member of a highly successful, fast paced team with a steady and growing backlog of large projects. The successful candidate will be encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Must have own vehicle, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record is required. Ability to pass a background check and/or Live Scan fingerprinting based on specific project requirements. Must be willing to travel throughout southern California.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.