Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is currently seeking a Civil Project Engineer with approx. 6-10 years' experience for our San Diego, CA office.
The ideal candidate will participate in and contribute to a diverse range of engineering services in our team-oriented environment providing public and private clients with professional engineering services for highway and roadway improvements, site development, erosion mitigation and stormwater management. The work is often fast paced with multiple ongoing projects and deliverables, including a wide variety of tasks with competing priorities. The ideal candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills for working in multiple group settings, and a strong desire to learn, grow, and succeed.
Responsibilities would include:
- Producing preliminary and final design plans for multiple jurisdictions
- Producing CADD design of contract drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation
- Creating exhibits to be used at client meetings and interviews
- Performing spreadsheet calculations using Excel
- Performing hydraulic calculations for erosion countermeasures and stormwater design
- Preparing construction cost estimates
- Reading and interpreting agency standard drawings and specifications
- Creating technical reports
- Preparing technical specifications
- Preparing documents for federal, state and local permits
- Performing quality control on work by other team members
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field is required. Master's degree is a plus.
Professional Engineering registration in California is required.
- Six to Ten years of civil engineering experience, especially in highways and roadway design.
- Experience in AutoCAD / Civil 3D is required
- Experience in MicroStation / Inroads for 3D Design
- Experience with ProjectWise
- Experience with HydroCAD, HEC-RAS and other hydraulic modeling software
- Experience with Caltrans
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.