Gas Transmission Systems, a Kleinfelder Company, provides high-quality solutions to natural gas utilities and pipeline operators. You can be a part of an exciting and diverse group of professionals that are committed to being the best at what they do. Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Gas Transmission Systems/Kleinfelder has an immediate need for Senior Gas Pipeline and Station Engineers. We have opportunities in Rocky Hill CT, Springfield MA, Boston, MA, Westborough, MA, Baltimore, MD, Columbus, OH, Detroit, MI and Exton, PA.
GTS Engineers perform responsible engineering work on a professional level in design or analysis of engineering jobs, projects, or parts thereof. The Engineer applies broad knowledge of standards, principles, and practices to various engineering workstream projects and programs; independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. This role works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects simultaneously and may serve as Lead on their own project(s). In addition, the Engineer identifies opportunities to expand engineering services with existing clients.
The successful candidates will work with clients on natural gas transmission, distribution and station projects. Primary responsibilities include conceptual through final design of natural gas pipelines (Transmission and Distribution) and facilities. Facilities include but are not limited to LNG, RNG, Meter and Regulation Stations, Odorization, In Line Testing and Main Line Valves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare designs, calculations, drawings, layouts, and studies from field inspections, preliminary sketches, specifications, and instructions requiring knowledge of engineering practices and shop and field procedures
- Review designs and documentation to ensure compliance with codes, standards and design criteria
- Acquire and analyze data using appropriate standard quantitative methods
- Gas system network and hydraulic analysis
- Construction specification and bid package preparation
- Develop status reports with task completion, progress, challenges, and solutions
- Coordinate various inspection and testing methods, gather data, analyze, and report findings
- Provide guidance, instruction, and coaching to entry-level and other Engineers on team
- Assist in determining schedule & budget requirements
- Plan & coordinate detailed aspects of engineering work
- Assist in development of quality standard for assignment/deliverables
- Coordinate projects & workload with other teams and/or departments
- Manage project performance within project cost estimates and schedules
Technical Skills, Degrees or Certifications
- Required, Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Required, Professional Engineer (PE).
- 5-10 years of gas engineering experience
- Working knowledge of CAD and GIS software (Desired)
- Technical communication
- Proficient use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and management acumen
- Ability to engage in multiple projects to complete successful requirement deliveries
- Ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively,
- Pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Experience in the planning, design, engineering of natural gas systems for local distribution companies (LDCs) or interstate transmission companies
- Knowledge of 49 CFR Parts 192 and 193
- Knowledge of ASME/ANSI B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and B31.8S codes and relevant API regulations is preferred
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Kleinfelder/GTS offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and consideration for an annual bonus.
Kleinfelder/GTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.