Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, inquisitive, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
The Los Angeles Area is seeking to fill a position of a Project Geotechnical Engineer or Geotechnical Project Manager. The position may be based in Kleinfelder's office in Los Angeles, Riverside or Laguna Hills, CA.
The ideal candidate will:
- Perform and develop scopes for field and office tasks (technical and non-technical) and independent analysis.
- Safely conduct or supervise field exploration, sampling, inspection, analysis and technical support.
- Coordinate tasks and manage small to medium size projects with guidance and interaction by senior operations/technical staff.
- Prepare designs, reports and calculations on complex projects for review.
We are looking for someone with the ability to provide quality technical support on mainly transportation but also commercial, municipal, energy and water projects. Experience on design/build projects preferred.
Strong analytical skills are required in areas including:
- soil and rock classification,
- seismic evaluations
- slope stability analysis,
- earth retention systems,
- shallow and deep foundation design,
- Construction Support
- soil improvement techniques, and
- pavement design.
- HDD or Tunnel Design experience is a plus but not required
Knowledge of infrastructure, drilling operations and heavy civil project design and construction are preferred.
Education & Experience:
- 6 to 12 years of related experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) License in State of California or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- California Geotechnical Engineer (GE) License is a plus
- Must have a positive work attitude and ability to work safely and efficiently when managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently or with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The successful candidate will have the ability and willingness to travel and perform field work, even under inclement weather and physically demanding conditions.
- Position will require the candidate to adhere to work assignments/schedules, be self-motivated, organized and have a keen sense of detail.
- Candidate must be willing to work in addition to a standard 40-hour work week when needed.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.