Take Your Design Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Design team is looking for you! From bridge and structural engineering to civil, electrical, mechanical, and process engineering, Kleinfelder's collaborative Design Services create synergy across multiple disciplines.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is currently seeking a Designer to join our multi-discipline project team located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Bridgeport, West Virginia. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of related experience.
The Designer will be expected to:
- Produce drawings under the direction of engineer(s) on many concurrent projects.
- Produce drawings mainly for the Energy group, requests may include civil, structural, architectural and electrical disciplines.
- Produce graphs, charts, overlays, isometric and perspective drawings.
- Follow Kleinfelder CAD procedures, perform accurate computations, and maintain cordial relationships with coworkers, clients, contractors, etc.
- Must be capable of clear and concise verbal and written communications.
- Must have the ability to operate with close to moderate supervision and may be called upon to perform various tasks at the discretion of the Manager.
Requirements for the CAD Designer:
- Demonstrate mid-level to senior level experience using AutoCAD in a 2D and 3D environment.
- Additional experience with MicroStation, and HEC-RAS is desired.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop efficient designs of for Energy related projects.
- Proficient in developing and understanding plan&profile drawings and miscellaneous construction drawings for natural gas transmission, distribution and station design, electrical transmission and substation civil design.
- Familiarity in ESRI GIS platform is a plus but not required.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of types of construction drawings and details required by their discipline.
- Thorough attention to detail during drawing development, spell check, drawing layout and text formatting.
- 5+ years of experience in a designer role.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Must have computer experience in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.