Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader, has expanded our presence in the mid-Atlantic region with the recent acquisition of Advantage Engineers to create Kleinfelder Advantage. We are looking for students pursuing a degree in engineering (civil or structural), construction management, geology, environmental science, or related subject for a paid internship in our Scranton, Pennsylvania office to support our Construction Materials, Engineering, and Testing (CoMET) practice. In addition to the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most interesting projects in the area, Kleinfelder also offers:
- Competitive Wages.
- Certification, training, and professional development assistance.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the most respected firms in the industry.
The selected candidates will be working with Kleinfelder's engineers, technicians, and inspectors in our construction materials testing laboratory, as well as field inspection and engineering operations.
Consideration for this position requires the following certifications or experience:
- No experience needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization and multi-tasking ability.
- A good work ethic, attention to detail, and high level of personal integrity.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
In addition to the above required certifications and experience, hiring preference will be given to those with the following certifications or experience:
- Nuclear density gauge safety, handling, operation, and transporting training
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade 1
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) or Fundamental of Engineering (FE) certification
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.