Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader in northern California's Bay Area, is looking for ICC-certified special inspectors and testing technicians join our Pittsburg, California team.
In addition to the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most interesting projects in the area, Kleinfelder also offers:
- Competitive Wages;
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance; HSA & FSA; 401K; paid holidays; and paid time off (PTO);
- Certification training and professional development (ICC, CalTrans, ACI, AWS, etc.);
- Employee referral bonuses;
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and most respected firms in the industry.
If you are looking for a CAREER opportunity, to development your professional skills, enhance your technical certifications, and work on resume building projects; then we want to talk to you!
We're looking for inspection and testing professionals to join us in providing high-level inspection and testing services to our diverse client base on projects throughout northern California. We need inspectors and technicians who are comfortable being actively engaged on construction sites performing special inspections and testing of construction materials in the field. This role offers a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on multiple high-profile projects, and be part of an industry leading company.
Kleinfelder recognizes our staff as the key to our success. Accordingly, we partner with our staff to establish and achieve career development goals designed to build your professional experience and technical confidence by helping you obtain additional inspection and testing certifications.
Consideration for this position requires the following certifications or experience:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the construction industry as a technician or inspector
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade 1.
- Radiation Safety training for the operation of a nuclear density gauge with soil density testing experience.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A good work ethic and high level of personal integrity.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
In addition to the above required certifications, hiring preference will be given to those with any of the following desired certifications:
- ICC Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector
- ICC Pre-stressed Concrete Special Inspector;
- ICC Spray-applied Fireproofing Special Inspector;
- ICC Structural Masonry Special Inspector;
- ICC Structural Steel & Welding Special Inspector;
- ICC Structural Steel and Bolting Special Inspector;
- Caltrans Testing Certifications; or
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) - American Welding Society (AWS).
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.