Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is seeking an experienced and dynamic senior leader to drive growth in our Bay Area Construction Services Practice.
Do you want to work with a successful team with a growing backlog in support of some of the most important and challenging projects in the greater Bay Area? Do you thrive in a positive, proactive and performance based environment? Kleinfelder is poised to expand our Bay Area, California team and is actively seeking the right candidate, a seasoned seller-doer, to lead this effort. This position is primarily responsible for driving growth, oversight of well-trained inspection/testing and project management professionals, managing projects, collaborating with our professional staff, and actively working with clients to deliver complex programs/projects in the greater Sacramento area. Primary responsibilities include driving strategic business development/marketing and growth, working with other project managers in directing our construction services professionals during execution of mid to large scale programs, and ensuring that our team has the tools, skills, opportunities, and mentorship to take us to the next level.
The successful applicant will have the ability and desire to build strong teams working collaboratively to fulfill the needs of the firm as well as provide technical support and leadership. Additionally, the successful applicant will have local knowledge of the industry and the demonstrated ability to develop clients and successful programs.
This applicant will engage local staff to execute a Construction Services business plan, provide consistent, high quality, professional Construction Materials Engineering and Testing (CoMET) and construction support services in accordance with Kleinfelder guidance principles (mission, vision, values) and commensurate with expectations established for quality, risk management, profitability, client service, safety, and timely delivery.
- Develop, promote, champion and engage staff to execute a local Construction Services business plan
- Provide consistent, professional services in accordance with quality, risk management, profitability, client service, safety and timely delivery
- Understand CoMET and construction services business drivers and Project Management methodology
- Provide technical support and leadership for local project/client development and execution
- Develop and maintain existing local client relationships and expand Kleinfelder's visibility within the greater Bay Area
- Provide for continued professional development, technical growth and coaching for CoMET staff
- Prepare proposals, prepare materials testing fee estimates, interact with clients and municipalities and provide testing and inspection oversight
- Oversee all phases of project delivery including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing a diverse portfolio of commercial, industrial, government, and institutional projects
- Minimum 15+ years of construction services experience with an emphasis on CoMET services, 10+ years of project management experience and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required. 5+ years supervisory/management experience required.
- Previous experience in materials and soils lab supervision or management required
- Proven project management experience working closely with clients
- Excellent communication skills, ability to lead project teams and mentor and develop staff
- Knowledge of field testing procedures and laboratory testing procedures required
- Knowledge of the Northern California market desired
Bachelor degree in Civil, Materials Engineering or Construction Management preferred, or equivalent industry experience. Professional Registration preferred but not required.
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.