Take Your Delivery Management Career to the Next Level
Do you have a passion for project delivery? Our Delivery Management professionals are involved in project delivery from initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closeout. Each phase requires a strong attention to detail while communicating to internal and external stakeholders. Do you have a proven track record in managing goals and objectives? Consider joining our team and work with peers who have vast industry knowledge and experience solving complex problems.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder's Houston, Texas Office is currently hiring a Project Manager - Environmental Remediation / Decommissioning / Demolition. This position requires applying diversified knowledge of principles and practices to a broad range of projects and clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership to a group of engineers, scientists and construction managers who are serving clients in the upstream, midstream, and/or downstream oil and gas and industrial industry within the Gulf Coast area
- Strategy development
- Cost estimating for large scale remediation / decommissioning / demolition projects
- Regulatory expertise and advocacy experience - RCRA experience preferred
- Leading, growing and mentoring staff - supporting the achievement of professional career goals
- Responsible for overseeing pursuits, designating the appropriate resources to projects, defining client needs, addressing client concerns and keeping engineering recourses within budget
- Lead teams on a variety of projects within the energy market space
- Devise new approaches and providing innovation solutions which enhance project progression and drive client value
Skills & Experience
- 7 - 8 years working within an industrial, petrochemical or refinery environment
- 4 - 5 years project management experience and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required. This experience must include managing and directing professional and technical staff to complete complex construction, engineering and environmental projects
- Experience preparing bid documents and stewarding the bid process through final selection of contractors for large scale construction projects
- Confidence evaluating design packages for constructability at large industrial facilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, coworkers, and sub-consultants
- Demonstrated ability to actively develop and maintain client relationships
- Experience leading successful proposal efforts in excess of $1M and ensuring pursuit teams to make smart business decisions
- Safety leader that has the ability to implement a behavior based safety system to deliver projects
- Experienced in Business Development activities with a broad background in utilizing standard tools and information to make tactical course corrections regarding client selection, assignments, targeted opportunities, and proposal efforts
- Ability to asses and resolve issues and conflicts internally and externally
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
This position may require work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19. If that is the case, you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.