Take Your Design Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Design team is looking for you! From bridge and structural engineering to civil, electrical, mechanical, and process engineering, Kleinfelder's collaborative Design Services create synergy across multiple disciplines.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder's San Diego Civil Design Group is seeking a Staff Civil Engineer. Desired leadership skills and technical experience in Civil Engineering include:
- Preparation of preliminary/final engineering construction documents for a variety of projects.
- Experience in Civil Engineering design including streets, storm drains, sanitary sewers, grading/earthworks, hydrology/hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, permitting, constructability evaluations.
- Pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions.
This position is an excellent opportunity for professional development with the opportunity to advance while supporting challenging / interesting business sectors and clients.
Candidates are required to have 3 to 6 years of experience in Civil Engineering as follows:
- Ability to function both independently and as a part of a multi-office team using online coordination tools.
- Ability to engage in multiple projects to deliver successful projects meeting client and Kleinfelder expectations for delivery including quality, scope, schedule and budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification preferred.
- Experience in use of both AutoCAD/Civil3D and MicroStation/Inroads is preferred.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.