Take Your Environmental Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! From environmental planning, permitting, remediation, and site characterization to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is seeking a Project Manager - Environmental Assessment to join the environmental team. This person will sit in our Los Angeles, Riverside, and Laguna Hills office and will work on exciting large local transportation and municipal agency contracts to contribute to a real positive impact on our community. The candidate must have an extensive site characterization assessment and remediation background.
- Oversee environmental site assessments, soil, soil gas, and groundwater assessments, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, remediation system design/operation, construction, multi-media compliance efforts, and other supporting technical studies
- Perform advanced technical writing and detailed review of data/reports
- Experience/working-knowledge with Department of Toxic Substances Control and Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Perform data analyses in support of scientific investigations and engineered solutions
- Database management can be included in responsibilities, including familiarity with EQuIS
- Developing cost proposals, work plans, and execution strategies.
- Providing health and safety support.
- Task managing and performing field efforts for complex soil, soil-vapor, and groundwater assessment and remediation projects.
- Subcontractor and third-party oversight and management.
- Project planning, scheduling, and resource management.
- Oversee large programs and multiple projects simultaneously within scope, schedule, and budget
- High level of competency in environmental consulting- including financial management, client management, and risk management
- Manage a full project team
- Front-line client interaction/communications
- Accountable for Quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) on project deliverables
- Staff supervision and team leadership
- Career and technical mentoring and training for junior staff
- Assisting in loss prevention and risk management
As a Project Manager and role model, this leadership position requires an excellent attitude and an ability to communicate and effectively manage a very talented bench of internal and external team members/staff. Additionally, this individual will be expected to take a leadership role in business development.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of experience in environmental consulting, in-depth knowledge of California regulations, and the ability to provide high-end technical advisory support.
- Minimum of 7 years of project management experience with multi-disciplinary environmental compliance projects and proven responsibility with scope / schedule / budget.
- BS (MS preferred) from an accredited college/university with a major in environmental engineering, geology, or related field is required.
- Professional licensure (PE or PG) required.
- Experience with logging, coring and well installation. Experience with deep (i.e., >500 feet) wells a plus.
- OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training completed and up to date.
- Must have knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulatory agency laws, regulations, and permitting requirements.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills
- Well-developed oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service emphasis and solution-oriented delivery
- Leadership and strong ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Health and safety focused
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines
- Conscientious and high attention to detail
- Good judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Experience in providing leadership to diverse project teams on high-pressure, high-visibility projects
- This position is performed in an office and field environment.
- Candidate must pass a medical surveillance that includes drug screening.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Up to 50% of time may be dedicated to field activities in varying environmental conditions including inclement weather.
- Some night and weekend work may be required for this position.
- May periodically require travel and stays outside of the greater Los Angeles area.
Personal vehicle use for travel to / from project site is expected.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.