Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader in the Puget Sound area, has been selected to provide transportation quality assurance inspection and testing services on several significant projects in the Seattle area.
Our Northwest Construction Materials, Engineering and Testing group has multiple projects spanning across Washington, Montana, Utah, Idaho, Alaska, North Dakota and Colorado. There are travel opportunities available for the right candidates. The main office is located in Seattle, Washington. There will be a relocation bonus offered for those who chose to move to the Seattle area.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform daily construction quality inspection/testing of day/night work operation to confirm the contractor is complying with the requirements of the contract plans and specifications
- Prepare detailed Daily Inspection Reports, with photos, accurately reflecting the construction progress
- Inspect and document materials acceptance
- Maintain a good working relationship with contractor and client
- Minimum of 4 years of experience transportation projects (Highway, airport, transit, etc.) required. WAQTC certifications preferred.
- Inspection experience including traffic control, PCC and Asphalt paving, reinforced concrete, earthwork, drainage and striping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work night/weekends shifts for an extended duration
- Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable
- Ability to learn quickly and assist with applicable tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.