Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader in Utah, is looking for Construction Materials Technicians and Special Inspectors to join our Salt Lake City, Utah office. In addition to the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most interesting projects in the area, Kleinfelder also offers:
- Competitive Wages;
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance; HSA & FSA; 401K; paid holidays; and paid time off (PTO);
- Certification, training, and professional development assistance;
- Employee referral bonuses;
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and most respected firms in the industry.
We're looking for construction inspection and testing professionals to join us in providing high-level services to our diverse client base on projects throughout Salt Lake City and the surrounding area. This role offers a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on multiple high-profile projects, and be part of an industry leading company.
Consideration for this position requires the following minimum competencies, experience, or certifications:
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade 1.
- International Code Council (ICC) Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector and Prestressed Concrete Special Inspector certification, or ability to secure within 90-days.
- 5 years of special inspection and construction materials testing inspection.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability to pass drug test.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, maintaining composure, and working effectively in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Organization and multi-tasking ability.
- A good work ethic, attention to detail, and high level of personal integrity.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
In addition to the above required competencies and experience, hiring preference will be given to those candidates with the following certifications or experience:
- Associates degree or higher in construction technology, construction management, or related engineering field.
- Radiation safety training for the operation of a nuclear density gauge.
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET), Construction Materials Testing: Asphalt, Concrete, Soils (Levels I, II, or III)
- ICC Special Inspector Certifications (Soils, Spray Applied Fire Proofing, Structural Masonry, Structural Welding, Structural Steel and Bolting)
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.