Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder Construction Services is seeking highly motivated and experienced Resident Engineers (REs) with experience in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater projects to join our team! This position will support critical infrastructure construction work mainly in San Diego County as well as the Inland Empire, California.
Why consider a role with Kleinfelder Construction Services? Not only are we well-established in the industry, but our culture embodies responsibility, accountability, and authority - the pillars of leadership in action! You will have the opportunity to work side by side with experts, you will be part of a team where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the ability maintain a healthy work-life-balance.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Interface with client, oversight representatives, regulatory agencies, etc., for project execution.
- Establish strong, productive internal collaborative relationships with management.
- Communicate water and wastewater design concepts to clients, participating in project scoping activities and proposal presentations, and coordinating with clients to ensure an ongoing positive relationship.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client, consultants, and contractors to facilitate construction activities.
- Ensure all client, company, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to properly.
- Complete project objectives and performance standards within boundaries of client policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight and direction to all activities associated with construction management, contract administration, contract planning/execution, contractor's scheduling review and analysis, change order management, cost control, progress payments, and quality assurance oversight with field inspection functions, as required.
- Proactively work with Owner and Contractor to facilitate the project being built on schedule and within budget.
- Evaluate contractor's detailed cost proposals and develop preliminary cost estimates.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or supervise activities of all company and consultant personnel on assigned project(s).
- Implement company safety program. Assure that employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
Additional duties may include:
- Conducting on-site monitoring and inspection of construction activities to verify contractor compliance with all construction contract specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Preparation and submittal of daily reports of construction activities, including equipment, material and labor usage, description of work, location, progress, and current issues, etc.
- Calculating quantities and preparation of monthly payment estimates.
- Coordinating with utilities, state and local agencies, and the public.
- Preparing of final reports and as-built drawings for the project.
- Attending industry networking events.
- Minimum 8 years of experience managing municipal water and/or wastewater infrastructure projects, such as treatment plants, pump stations, extraction wells, disinfection facilities, pipelines, tunnels, etc.
- Minimum 8 years of construction management experience, including client interface, planning and execution, project delivery, and staff supervision.
Skills must include:
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), union jurisdiction, labor agreements, and negotiations.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, supervisory, and planning skills.
- Knowledge of APWA Greenbook standard plans, specifications, procedures, and Construction Manual.
- Knowledge of WAS and AWWA standard specifications, procedures, and details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Bluebeam Revu.
- Demonstrated experience in construction inspection of major public works projects including traffic control, PCC and AC paving, earthwork, grading, drainage, and signing and striping, preferred.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (civil, structural, mechanical, or electrical), construction management, or equivalent degree.
- Professional Engineering or EIT registration preferred, but not necessary.
- PMP or CCM preferred, but not necessary.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.