Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader in the Intermountain West, is looking for Construction Materials and Testing Technicians to join our Golden, Colorado office. In addition to the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most interesting projects in the area, Kleinfelder also offers:
- Competitive Wages
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance; HSA & FSA; 401K; paid holidays; and paid time off (PTO)
- Certification training and professional development (ICC, ACI, AWS, etc.)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and most respected firms in the industry.
If you are looking for a CAREER opportunity where you can development your professional skills, enhance your technical certifications, and work on legacy projects; then we want to talk to you!
We're looking for inspection and testing professionals to join us in providing high-level inspection and testing services to our diverse client base on projects throughout Colorado. This position offers a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on multiple high-profile projects, and be part of an industry leading company.
To be considered for the role of Technician II the following certifications or experience (or able to obtain within first 3 months):
- 1+ years of special inspection and/or construction materials testing experience
- Radiation safety training for the operation of a nuclear density gauge
- ACI Concrete Field-Testing Technician - Grade 1
- The Western Alliance for Quality Transportation Construction (WAQTC)
- Colorado Asphalt Paving Association (CAPA) Level A
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A good work ethic and high level of personal integrity.
- Ability to monitor contractors and report results verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in preparing clear and accurate detailed reports of testing and inspection activities and maintaining work activity records.
- Attention to detail, quality, and safety.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
This position requires the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, and lift up to 50 pounds (22.68 kg) repetitively and over 50 pounds (22.68 kg) using handling equipment (hand truck, etc.).
- Operate heavy equipment as necessary (i.e., ultrasonic non-destructive testing machine, concrete cylinder press, etc.).
- Maintain safe mobility over construction obstacles by foot and ladder, traversing over rough broken ground and steep surfaces.
- Work outside in variable weather at field sites and in labs with various levels of safety protection required.
While much of the work is local to the Denver-Metro Area, some travel may be required.
In addition to the above required certifications, hiring preference will be given to those with any of the following desired certifications:
- Colorado DOT testing/inspection certifications
- ICC Special Inspector Certifications (Reinforced Concrete, Pre-stressed Concrete, Soil, Spray-applied Fireproofing, Structural Masonry, Structural Welding, Structural Steel and Bolting)
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) - American Welding Society (AWS).
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $24.00-$28.00p/h
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.