Take Your Geotechnical Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Geotechnical team is looking for you! From earthquake and seismic engineering to the latest trenchless technology methods, Kleinfelder's Geotechnical Services support the planning, engineering, and construction of complex projects, and our specialists are leading experts in their fields.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager in our Corporate Headquarters office in San Diego, California. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a role where they can execute project work, partner with senior geotechnical engineers, provide mentorship to junior staff, collaborate with multidiscipline teams, and engage with clients.
Our team works on challenging and interesting projects within a design center than includes bridge, structural, civil and water resources engineers, environmental professionals, and laboratory and construction oversight personnel. We work on bridges, transit systems, roadways, water and storm water infrastructure, tunnels and HDD installations, commercial structures, deep excavations, and more, all while managing complexities of dense urban sites.
The ideal candidate will have a Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering and 5-10 years of experience in geotechnical engineering consulting with extensive experience on infrastructure projects.
California P.E. license is required, and a California G.E. designation is desired but not required. We are looking for someone with the ability to provide technical and field support on complex projects. On the job you would be expected to:
- Coordinate with multidiscipline team to prepare proposals and execute projects
- Safely coordinate and execute field exploration programs, construction observation, and associated documentation
- Complete engineering analysis including: soil and rock classification; shallow and deep foundation capacity, immediate and consolidation settlement; slope stability analysis, seismic hazard evaluation (including liquefaction and lateral spreading), and earth retention systems
- Partner with internal and external multidisciplinary teams during project development
- Prepare Geotechnical Engineering reports
- Prepare construction specifications and drawings
- Be actively involved during the construction phase of projects
- Positively interact with client representatives
- Development of scope of work, project budgets, work breakdown structures, and schedules
- Master's degree in civil/geotechnical engineering or geology
- Professional Engineer license in California is required. CEG is desired, but not required.
- 5-10 years of geotechnical/geological engineering experience.
- Positive work attitude and ability to work safely and efficiently when managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of standard business software including MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience with geotechnical software packages including L-Pile, Uni-pile, SHAFT, gINT, GRL WEAP, GEO STUDIO, and MSEW preferred
- Clean driving record and the ability to pass a drug test required
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.