Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder has an immediate opening for an Entry-level Geologist, Environmental Engineer or Environmental Scientist in Beaumont, TX.
This position within Kleinfelder involves the collection of environmental data from sites in various stages of the assessment and remediation process.
Under direct supervision, this person will be responsible for completing well-defined, assigned field and office tasks including:
- groundwater sampling,
- collection of soil samples,
- installation of monitoring wells,
- identification and evaluation of sensitive receptors,
- analyzing and interpreting analytical data,
- authoring technical reports,
- progressing sites towards regulatory closure,
- learning and honing the fundamentals of Data Collection;
- data validity and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC);
- observation and documentation in support of scientific investigations and engineered solutions.
Requires working within the context of local, state, federal regulations, client requirements, and as a part of a project team under the direction of a project manager with other staff professionals.
- 0-3 years" experience. The ideal candidate must have a strong, technical or educational background in geology or engineering, the ability to provide technical support on projects, have strong communication and good writing skills.
- OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training is also a requirement.
Education: B.S. degree in geology, engineering or the sciences. E.I.T preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.