Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Century Engineering - Centre Hall, PA Office
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 550 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is currently seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying, civil engineering and construction inspection in our Centre Hall, PA office. Qualified applicants should have at least 5 years of land surveying experience and be responsible detail-oriented individuals with a strong interest in joining our Land Surveying or Civil department. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Flexible work arrangements may be discussed at the interview stage.
- Perform boundary determinations
- Prepare basic drawings using electronic information given by engineers, designers, or surveyors
- Develop CAD-based property survey, subdivision and construction plans
- Complete FEMA Elevation certificates
- Prepare condominium plans per PA Uniform Condominium Act
- Create moderate to complex designs suitable for drafting annotation by others
- Produce Stormwater, E&S and NPDES designs
- Prepare project cost estimates and proposals
- Assist engineers and designers on various design issues
- Generate detailed field notes and prepare maps and sketches from survey data
- Read and interpret plans and blueprints
- Conduct necessary mathematical computations
- Provide support to survey crew performing boundary, topographic, right-of-way, transportation, construction surveys and construction inspection as necessary.
- Associate Degree in engineering or surveying
- Minimum of 5 years of Land Surveying experience
- Professional Land Surveyor in the State of Pennsylvania required
- Ability to prepare detailed daily reports, make field measurements, perform area and volume calculations
- Strong oral and written communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Recognized certifications for UAS Pilots, a plus, but not required. Job-specific training will be provided
- Hands on experience in field survey work including experience as a crew chief
- Advanced computer skills with experience using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Carlson software
- Understanding of the principles, techniques, terminology and computer-systems applications relating to surveying & engineering
- Knowledge of mathematics, including algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to prepare work and observation reports and perform surveying computations
- Current/valid State Driver's License with demonstrated safe driving practices required.
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.