Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is currently seeking a Laboratory Supervisory Technician to perform testing, and provide coordination, quality management, and oversight to its lab in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Laboratory Supervisory Technician will manage all activities related to performance of laboratory testing in support of the Charlotte Geotechnical and Construction Materials Engineering and Testing Laboratory. They will meet agreed upon project deadlines by performing testing; scheduling technicians and managing workload; They will confirm that technicians correctly perform testing, calibrations, and calculations and computations by implementing and maintaining the requirements of the Kleinfelder Quality Management System; and hire, train, coordinate and supervise assigned staff. Works independently, using industry knowledge to solve problems of moderate scope. The successful candidate will bring strong leadership and knowledge of commercial laboratory operations.
- Perform simple routine and complex construction materials laboratory test procedures of soil, aggregate, concrete, masonry, and structural steel in accordance with ASTM, AASHTO, and NCDOT test methods,
- Perform simpler routine and complex geotechnical laboratory test procedures of soil and rock in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO test methods.
- Maintain accreditation through AASHTO, CCRL, and NCDOT.
- Follows and adheres to all federal and state regulations, client requirements and contracts, and company policies and procedures including but not limited to taxes, labor laws, safety, building codes, or environmental regulations.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Communicates information in a succinct and organized manner, produces written information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- Develops achievable and technically sound project schedules for duration of work scope. Communicates schedule and any change to client.
- to complete tasks and initiatives.
- Makes efficient use of resources.
Minimum Certification Requirements:
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade I
- ACI Aggregate/Soils Base Testing Technician
- ACI Aggregate Testing Technician - Level 1
- ACI Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- ACI Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician - Level 1
- ACI Masonry Field Testing Technician
- ACI Masonry Laboratory Testing Technician
Optional Certification Requirements:
- NCDOT QC/QA Aggregate Sampling Technician
- NCDOT QC/QA Aggregate Testing Technician
- NCDOT Tier 1 Laboratory Technician
- NCDOT Tier 2 Laboratory Technician
- NCDOT Tier 4 Laboratory Technician
- NCDOT QMS Level II Plant Technician
Experience & Academic Requirements:
Education: Associate degree from two-year college or technical school preferred, or equivalent.
Experience: 6-7 years of related experience, 3-4 years of designated professional experience and knowledge of test procedures, applicable laws and regulations required. 1-2 years coordination/ supervisory experience preferred.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.