Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder has a great opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer. This role will provide project management, business development across a growing design team. They will develop and maintain client relationships, and manage projects. The successful candidate will lead a high performing team of design staff to complete high quality work safely, on schedule, and profitably.
- Mentor staff on technical design and provide review of design documents for engineering projects
- Support business development growth through strategic pursuits utilizing your established local and regional network
- Lead proposal development by writing work scopes and preparing labor budgets
- Manage multi-discipline projects to creatively solve our client's challenges in compliance with contract requirements, our company's health and safety program, and industry best practices
- Supervise staff with respect and integrity and identify a path for their success
- Provide engaged leadership, support the vision of the company, and contribute positively to our ecosystem mindset at all levels
Project and Market Types:
- Transportation Projects
- Industrial site development
- Land planning & conceptual layouts
- Erosion and sedimentation control
- Grading plans
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and water management planning
- Storm water management planning and environmental permitting
- Professional Engineering license in Civil Engineering is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required
- Knowledge of project controls including estimating, scheduling, risk management, and cost control
- Experience with developing new business, creating qualifications and cost proposals, and contracting
- Commitment to leading stewardship of health and safety programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial environment
- Minimum 10 years' experience with 3 years of experience in a manager level role
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.'