Are you an experienced Ecologist (Botanist) ready to take your career to the next level? Do you want to be part of a well-resourced and experienced ecology team that values its people and their careers? Do you want to help grow the business while ensuring technical excellence of deliverables?
If you have the drive and desire to work for a growing global organisation focused on connecting the best people to the best work, then we want to hear from you!
Interest from candidates with a higher level of experience is encouraged. For the right candidate, the role of Principal and NSW Ecology Discipline Lead may be offered.
Kleinfelder Australia is an environmental consulting firm providing professional and technical services for ecology, environmental planning and approvals, heritage, land rehabilitation, bushfire, contaminated land management and geotechnical engineering.
Kleinfelder Australia, as part of the global Kleinfelder Group, an environmental, engineering and science-based consulting firm, can utilise the experience of 3,000 employees globally. With almost 100 staff operating across Australia, we deliver our projects with local and international experience.
As our success and growth continues across Australia, an opportunity has arisen for a motivated and highly experienced ecologist (botanist) to join our growing team in Newcastle. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a portfolio of large and complex ecology projects for a growing client base including federal/state/local government, mining, land development, renewable energy, and operators of large industrial facilities.
You will assume a senior position in contributing to both technical leadership and business growth of our ecology service line. You will manage a variety of ecological assessments, working within a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers and business development professionals.
The following key responsibilities are expected from the candidate fulfilling this role:
- Client Account Manager (CAM) for select strategic NSW clients to ensure repeat business and revenue growth.
- Expand the current NSW backlog of work within the ecology service line, by actively participating in cross selling and client pursuit activities.
- Provide development pathway and approval advice in consideration of environmental legislation and policies to ensure assessments comply with local government, state and Commonwealth environmental regulations.
- Technical direction of proposals and reports, including peer review, and authoring of complex deliverables.
- Project Management of your own portfolio of ecological assessment projects, whilst providing oversight to a team of junior project managers.
- Provide development and mentoring opportunities for the ecology team to expand skills and technical capabilities.
You will have demonstrated experience in the delivery of a variety of ecology projects, with a strong emphasis on vegetation assessment across a range of market sectors for both public and private clients. Applicants should possess an in-depth knowledge and practical application of National and State Regulations and Guidance. You will have a successful track record of gaining regulatory and planning approvals for a range of projects. You will have a detailed knowledge of the NSW Biodiversity Offset Scheme and the preparation of Biodiversity Development Assessment Reports (BDARs), Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessment Reports (BSSAR) and supporting documents.
- A relevant degree in environmental science (ecology) natural resource management or a related discipline. A higher degree will be considered favourably.
- Accredited Assessor (Biodiversity Assessment Method).
- Extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in the environmental consulting industry.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex, large scale, ecological survey and monitoring projects.
- Proficiency in undertaking BAM vegetation integrity plots.
- Demonstrated health and safety leadership.
- A proven track record of developing business whilst leveraging existing relationships to expand the client base.
- Exceptional verbal communication, technical report writing and peer review skills.
- Industry recognition through certification, accreditation and/or active participation in related industry associations.
A leadership role with an attractive package awaits the successful candidate.
You must be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical (including drug screen testing). Offers of employment are conditional on being medically and physically fit for the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.