Are you an experienced contaminated land professional ready to take your career to the next level? Do you want to be part of a well-resourced and experienced contaminated land management team that values its people and their careers? Do you want to help grow the business while ensuring technical excellence of deliverables?
If you have the drive and desire to work for a growing global organisation focused on connecting the best people to the best work, then we want to hear from you!
Kleinfelder Australia is an environmental consulting firm providing professional and technical services for land contamination and remediation, geotechnical engineering, environmental planning and approvals, ecology, heritage, land rehabilitation, bushfire planning and design.
Kleinfelder Australia, as part of the global Kleinfelder Group, an environmental, engineering and science-based consulting firm, can utilise the experience of over 3,000 employees globally. With almost 100 staff operating across Australia, we deliver our projects with local and international experience.
As our success and growth continues across Australia, an opportunity has arisen for a motivated and highly experienced contaminated land professional to join our growing team in Melbourne. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to manage a portfolio of large and complex site assessment and remediation projects for a growing client base including federal/state/local government, mining, major oil companies and operators of large industrial facilities.
Reporting to the VIC Area Manager, you will assume a leadership position in contributing to the technical leadership of our contaminated land service line. You will be managing a variety of contaminated land management and regulatory compliance projects, working within a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers and business development professionals.
The following key responsibilities will be expected from a candidate considered for this role:
- Technical direction of contaminated land proposals and reports, including peer review and co-authoring of more complex deliverables.
- Project Management of a portfolio of contaminated land assessment and remediation projects, whilst providing oversight to a team of project managers.
- Provide development and mentoring opportunities for the contaminated land management group to expand skills and technical capabilities.
- Expand the current VIC backlog of work within the contaminated land management team, by actively participating in cross selling and client pursuit activities.
You will have demonstrated experience in the management and of a variety of contaminated land assessment and remediation projects across a range of market sectors for both public and private clients. Applicants should possess an in-depth knowledge and practical application of National and State Contaminated Land Management Regulations and Guidance, including UPSS and Development Approvals. You will have a successful track record of managing contaminated land projects through the planning approvals process to achieve practicable remediation outcomes and final validation, whilst satisfying consent conditions and gaining Regulatory/Site Auditor approval. Previous experience of managing a team of contaminated land professionals within a multi-disciplinary consultancy, requiring close collaboration with engineering and environmental professionals.
- A relevant degree in environmental engineering or environmental science.
- Extensive experience (minimum 8 years) in the environmental consulting industry.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex contaminated land assessment and remediation projects.
- Demonstrated health and safety leadership.
- A proven track record of developing business whilst leveraging existing relationships to expand the client base.
- Exceptional verbal communication, technical report writing and peer review skills.
- Industry recognition through certification, accreditation and/or active participation in related industry associations. CEnvP Site Contamination Specialist certification will be considered favourably.
A management role with an attractive package awaits the successful candidate.
You must be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical (including drug screen testing). Offers of employment are conditional on being medically and physically fit for the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.