Take Your Environmental Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! From environmental planning, permitting, remediation, and site characterization to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is seeking a Senior Biologist to work on a full-time basis. Candidates residing in the Sacramento Area will be prioritized. This position will report to supervisors based in the Rancho Cordova, CA office.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Train, direct, and oversee a team of biologists on the implementation and monitoring of project specific permits
- Assisting in providing environmental regulatory compliance for our clients at a variety of work locations through surveys for protected species, compliance monitoring for work crews, and written logs and reports of compliance activities. Some field work may include physically challenging outdoor situations, traveling to project sites, and overnight stays
- Performing accurate and detailed biological resource accounts by synthesizing on-site survey findings and desktop resources
- Writing and reviewing technical reports and addressing impacts of mitigation of proposed activities on special-status species
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in biology or a related field; master's degree candidates also encouraged to apply
- 5+ years of field experience
- Comfortable working in physically challenging outdoor situations and conditions with expectation of traveling periodically to project sites which may require overnight stays
- Strong technical and academic background in an applied biological science (e.g. herpetology, terrestrial biology, ornithology, botany).
- Experience monitoring or surveying for nesting birds
- Knowledge of Sierra Nevada Mountains protected species and their habitats a plus
- Knowledge of and experience implementing federal and state regulations governing management of natural resources in California
- Experience in regulatory agency permit preparation and impact analyses is a plus
- Effective problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and with a team
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.