Take Your Delivery Management Career to the Next Level
Do you have a passion for managing budgets, meeting deadlines, and exceeding client expectations? Our delivery management professionals are involved in project delivery from initiation and planning to execution, monitoring, and closeout. Each phase requires strong attention to detail while communicating to internal and external stakeholders. Do you have a proven track record in managing goals and objectives? Consider joining our team and work with peers who have vast industry knowledge and experience solving complex problems.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder's Oklahoma City office is seeking an experienced Construction Materials Testing Project Manager to work within our existing Construction Services Group and focus on developing and leading our efforts in the market in Oklahoma City. This position will drive sales, improve project execution, and supervise a motivated and growing team of inspection and testing professionals.
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with a background in construction materials testing, special inspection, construction management, or construction related engineering services, as well as possessing strong communication skills and the ability to lead staff to success.
- Lead project procurement efforts and service delivery teams;
- Supervise operational staff (field personnel).
- Communicate with clients, staff, and supervisors to successfully and profitably deliver construction services projects on a consistent basis.
- Coordinate work to assure projects/contracts are properly managed thereby assuring we achieve budgets and schedules are met and work product meets both client's needs and Kleinfelder's standards.
- Target and achieve results based goals, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for staff.
- Sell Kleinfelder's services to new and existing clients aligned with Kleinfelder's business plan.
- As needed, provide construction materials testing and inspection service in support of ongoing projects.
POSITION MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years of experience in materials testing, special inspection, construction management, and/or other construction-related engineering service.
- At least 2 years of project management is required, including experience with direct client interaction, as well as the ability to plan, organize, execute, and direct various size projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, maintaining composure, and working effectively in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar is preferred, but not required.
- Though a Professional Engineering (PE) License is not required, it is preferred.
- Preference will also be given to candidates with applicable construction inspection and testing certifications from the Oklahoma Department of Transportation, American Concrete Institute (ACI), International Code Council (ICC), National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET); and/or the American Welding Society (AWS)
- Represent Kleinfelder to local professional organizations.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.