Take Your Business Development and Marketing Career to the Next Level
Kleinfelder's business development and marketing professionals help communicate innovative solutions. From identifying opportunities to developing winning strategies, they know how to leverage relationships, build new ones, and collaborate across areas, service lines, and markets. Are you interested in the opportunity to lead large-scale project opportunities? Join Kleinfelder and be part of our dynamic team!
Step Into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is seeking a highly motivated and experienced engineer (geologist, or environmental planner) and Water Market Leader & Client Manager who possesses 15+ years of experience with planning, design, management, and construction administration of wastewater and potable water systems in the San Francisco Bay Area or the greater Sacramento area and across Northern California.
The selected candidate will work in our team-oriented environment, primarily providing business/client development while also adding project management and technical leadership. He or she will focus on expanding and diversifying Kleinfelder's Northern California operation by introducing new clients and opportunities, cross-selling new services to existing Clients, and providing business development leadership. This is an excellent growth opportunity for an individual with an established network of Clients looking to take a reputable operation to the next level.
Specific expectations will include:
- Significant experience with developing new business pursuits and a solid client base in Northern California.
- Leading positioning and proposal efforts to grow the business.
- Establishing strong, productive internal collaborative relationships with senior management.
- Ability to effectively communicate water, wastewater and potable water design concepts to clients, participating in project scoping activities and proposal presentations, and coordinating with clients to ensure an ongoing positive relationship.
- Strong experience with managing the design and construction of water infrastructure in the San Francisco Bay Area and across Northern California.
- Familiarity with planning and detailed studies in water supply, water quality, modeling, asset management, and Sustainable Groundwater Management Act studies and implementation.
- Understanding of climate impacts on infrastructure in CA
- Mentoring staff to successfully deliver technical projects and enhance growth mentality in the group.
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in project, program or Client management in potable water/wastewater infrastructure project work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a proven talent at business development.
- Client service management skills and proposal preparation experience.
- Strong team building and communications skills.
- Working knowledge of project management systems, project scheduling, scoping, budgeting, cost analyses, resource analyses, and reporting. PMP is preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer or Geologist License is a plus.
This position may require work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19. If that is the case, you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.