Take Your Environmental Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! From environmental planning, permitting, remediation, and site characterization to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is looking for an Environmental Stormwater Inspector / Entry-Level Wetland Scientist
This primary position includes inspections of Oil & Gas constructed projects for permit compliance with Best Management Practices for Erosion & Sediment Control and stream & wetland crossings. Tasks include the collection and management of data through electronic hand-held devices as well as the production of daily field reports. Other responsibilities may also include field sampling, analysis, and technical field support for various projects.
- 0-2 years experience with a minimum of 6 months experience with field environmental inspection required;
- Experience with oil and gas pipelines, compressor stations and well pad construction is preferred;
- Compliance with site safety is required;
- Must have excellent writing capabilities and have the ability to analyze and interpret permitting documents and regulations;
- Strong organizational and communication skills required;
- Ability to build relationships, work with a team and communicate with contractors and clients;
- Must be able to work independently, show strong problem-solving capabilities and a willingness to use professional judgment;
- Willing to work primarily in West Virginia with potential assignments in other states (requiring overnight stay); and
- Work in all types of weather.
To a lesser extent, this position may also include supporting stream and wetland delineations under the supervision of experienced staff. The successful candidate may work on field teams and participate in permitting and compliance activities for a variety of projects primarily in the energy sector. The work may involve a combination of office and field work and will include field delineations and developing environmental technical documents and permit applications on behalf of clients. The position may also include other environmental studies.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- Coursework and/or experience with conducting stream and wetland delineations in accordance with USACE and state protocols, plant identification, and soils identification;
- Able to work with senior staff to help prepare permit documents, environmental reports, correspondence documents, calculations, and conduct analyses;
- Background experience using GPS devices and ArcGIS is desired;
- Possess excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong problem solving abilities and analytical skills; and
- Ability to conduct work year-round in adverse climate and field conditions.
All candidates require:
- BS in an Environmental, Biological, or Ecological Science;
- 0-2 years of relevant wetland delineation experience;
- Ability to work flexible work schedules and availability to meet priority deadlines outside of normal working hours;
- Ability to travel (mostly PA, WV, and OH) with short notice (fieldwork consists of 95% of the role); and
- A valid driver's license.
This position provides a great opportunity for qualified professionals who are self-starters and energetic and enthusiastic leaders. The selected candidate will work with an outstanding group of professionals in both collecting field data and assisting in permit preparation.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.