Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design, and construction services. With a dedicated staff of over 600 technical and administrative personnel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Century's local area operational support teams coordinate and lead! We are looking for a teammate that is interested in providing high level and proactive support to different service lines!
NXL, a division of Century Engineering, Inc., is a professional Construction Management and Surveying firm specializing in transportation projects. We are currently seeking motivated candidates to fill our full-time Transportation Construction Manager roles. Work assignments will be in the Christiansburg, Virginia areas.
- Supervise the construction program regarding assigned elements of projects to ensure the quality of contract and policy compliance of project inspectors and contractors for roadway, structure, and bridge construction projects.
- Analyze and interpret project plans and specifications to ensure project scheduling, compliance, and constructability, as well as manage and forecast project budget analyses.
- Conduct pre-construction, project and issues meetings as needed.
- Make recommendations to reporting engineer for contract adjustments and compliance acceptability, identify design errors and determine impact for both client and contractor, as well as provides resolutions to plan conflicts found in the field.
- Provide project documentation and handling and distribution of submittals, as well as review monthly progress estimates and bring discrepancies to the attention of appropriate staff.
- Oversee inspection staff, provide such training and mentoring as needed. Determine staff size, work hours and specialty need. Ensure personnel safety and environmental protections are in place.
- High school diploma and/or Associates of Bachelor's degree in construction technology related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of road construction methods, materials, standards and specifications experience.
- VDOT Certification, Safety training, including OSHA.
- Current/valid State Driver's License REQUIRED with acceptable driving record.
- Good written and oral expression in English.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Candidates will be subject to work in potentially harsh outside environmental conditions and hazards and highway construction sites including heights, heavy equipment and highway traffic
- Position requires the ability to stand and walk on uneven surfaces for long periods of time and be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application process, please contact Cent_HR@kleinfelder.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Disabilities/Veterans