Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design, and construction services. With a dedicated staff of over 600 technical and administrative personnel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
NXL, a Kleinfelder Company, is a professional Construction Management and Surveying firm specializing in transportation projects. We are currently seeking an experienced Survey Crew Instrument Operator to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering in our Richmond, Virginia office. Must be a team player, able to work as a member of a survey crew performing boundary, topographic, right-of way, transportation, and construction surveys.
$500.00 new hire bonus paid after successfully completing your first 90 days!
- Complete site control, boundary reconnaissance, construction staking and topographic, surveys
- Assist with all aspects of the daily crew assignment to include maintenance of survey equipment and supplies
- Utilize electronic distance measuring equipment, GPS receivers and electronic data collectors to perform surveying tasks
- Provide assistance to other survey crews when necessary and occasionally partner with other technical disciplines to complete assigned tasks
- Work in a safe manner and obey safety regulations
- Continually work to advance knowledge and learn new techniques and processes to include upgrades in technology and various types of surveying equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 to 5 years of experience working with robotic total stations and RTK GPS with VDOT experience
- Must have working knowledge and proficiency with Leica, Carlson, Topcon and/or Trimble robotic instruments, data collectors and/or GPS equipment
- Ability to write legibly and convey technical information as well as effectively present information, communicate, and respond to questions from co-workers, clients and the public
- Basic knowledge of mathematics to include addition/subtraction, multiplication and division and the types of measurements related to land surveying including linear, angular, elevations and unit systems conversion
- Effective communication skills with ability to work effectively with other technical professionals
- Current/valid State Driver's License with demonstrated safe driving practices required
- Must be able to obtain a background clearance for on-site access to work if required by the client
- Local residency or able to relocate at your own expense
- Will require out of town travel and overnight stays
- Frequently stands; walks; uses hands to finger, handle or feel; reaches with hands and arms; stoops; kneels; crouches or crawls; talks and hears. Regularly climbs or balances. Occasionally sits
- Lifting Requirements: Frequently lifts up to 25 lbs. Regularly lifts up to 50 lbs. Occasionally lifts up to 100 lbs. Rarely lifts over 100 lbs
- Ability to frequently work outdoors and occasionally near moving mechanical parts and working in extreme heat and cold
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed at a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); and ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application process, please contact Human Resources or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Disabilities/Veterans