Take Your Design Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Design team is looking for you! From bridge and structural engineering to civil, electrical, mechanical, and process engineering, Kleinfelder's collaborative Design Services create synergy across multiple disciplines.
Step into Your New Role
Century Engineering - Hunt Valley, MD office
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is seeking talented Civil Engineers/Designers to work on challenging and exciting site-civil design land development projects (both public and private) in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Reporting to the Hunt Valley, Maryland office, successful candidates will perform engineering tasks in the site-civil engineering field through application of relevant design criteria, standards, and processes.
This is the home office of Century Engineering with opportunities to work with existing team members; while being able to grow and expand your individual responsibilities, as the office grows. The office is focused on providing services in the central Maryland region, including Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard, Harford, Carroll, and Frederick Counties.
Please visit: www.centuryeng.com
- Design all aspects of engineering projects to include layout, grading, earthwork, storm drain, septic, sanitary sewer, water, storm water management, and erosion/sediment control
- Perform field investigations to determine existing conditions
- Prepare agency design submission packages for agency reviews and approvals
- Participate with permitting at the local, state, and Federal level and the completion of as-constructed/as-built drawings
- Interpret and apply all applicable federal, state and/or local codes
- Draft technical specifications
- Occasionally travel to project/client sites to complete tasks or attend meetings
- BSCE from an ABET accredited engineering program
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant design experience in the site-civil engineering field
- EIT Certification or ability to obtain an EIT Certification within the next 6 months
- AutoCAD skills required
Civil 3D experience desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, project managers, supervisors, and other team members
- Valid driver's license with demonstrated safe driving practices
- Local residency or ability to relocate at your own expense
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.