Take Your Delivery Management Career to the Next Level
Do you have a passion for project delivery? Our Delivery Management professionals are involved in project delivery from initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closeout. Each phase requires a strong attention to detail while communicating to internal and external stakeholders. Do you have a proven track record in managing goals and objectives? Consider joining our team and work with peers who have vast industry knowledge and experience solving complex problems.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is looking for a detail-oriented Project Manager - Renewable Energy to join our Renewable Energy team in Denver, Colorado. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to lead and inspire a team are valued attributes for this position. The project work will be multi-disciplinary in nature, but experience in PV solar civil design with knowledge of geotechnical and structural engineering is preferred.
- Oversee pursuits, designate the appropriate resources to projects, define client needs, address client concerns, and manage engineering resources within budget.
- Lead and participate in technical, cost, and scheduling decisions for interdisciplinary teams ensuring company quality standards and driving customer value
- Nurture and grow client relationships and contracts that include complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Leading, growing, and mentoring staff - supporting the achievement of professional career goals.
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Manage all phases of project execution including project organization, subcontractor management, scheduling, financial management, health and safety stewardship, and reporting
- Collaborate on a program of design and construction management projects striving for continuous improvement in process development and execution
- Build relationships on technical and client service teams and within client organizations
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams of clients and stakeholders
Skills & Knowledge:
- Project experience in leading multi-disciplinary design, permitting and/or construction of a variety of projects in the renewable energy market.
- Possess knowledge permitting requirements and interfacing with state and local agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to actively develop and maintain client relationships.
- Experienced in Business Development activities with a background in utilizing standard tools and information to make tactical course corrections regarding client selection, assignments, targeted opportunities, and proposal efforts.
- Ability to assess and resolve issues and conflicts internally and externally.
- Demonstrates commitment to vetting and managing subcontractors.
- Works well managing virtual teams and willingly works with the appropriate resources regardless of location.
- Understands financial management concepts.
- Follows internal quality control and risk mitigation protocols such as peer reviews and Three-Way Agreement
Education: B.S. degree in Civil, Geotechnical, Structural Engineering or Environmental is preferred; or equivalent experience and education.
Experience: 8 - 9 years of related experience leading multi-disciplinary design projects, preferably within renewable energy. 5 - 6 years project management experience and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required. 3 - 4 years supervisory/management experience preferred.
Certification/Registration: Certifications or registrations as mandated by profession. Must complete the
project manager qualification card as part of Kleinfelder's Project Management Qualification System (PMQS). For new hires being brought into a PM position, the PM will be given Provisional status with up to one year to complete PMQS.
Certification/Registration: Professional Engineer is required.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $89,670-$149,411
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.