Take Your Geotechnical Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Geotechnical team is looking for you! From earthquake and seismic engineering to the latest trenchless technology methods, Kleinfelder's Geotechnical Services support the planning, engineering, and construction of complex projects, and our specialists are leading experts in their fields.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder has an opening for an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer in Redmond, Washington.
The right candidate for this opportunity will be self-motivated and have 0 - 3 years of geotechnical engineering experience. In this position you will assist the Project Engineer/Project Manager and participate in execution of field investigation and construction projects. The Staff Engineer will also assist with review and compilation of geotechnical laboratory and field testing results, perform geotechnical analyses and report writing.
The responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to the following:
- Assist the Project Engineer/Project Manager and participate in field assignments including boring layout and utility clearance, coordination with drilling contractors, supervision of drill rig and geotechnical field investigations, logging of borings and test pits.
- Inspection and construction oversight of grading, earthwork, retaining structures and foundation installation.
- Assist with lab testing assignment, compilation of lab and field testing results.
- Perform geotechnical engineering analysis under supervision including soil/rock classification, slope stability analysis, earth retention systems, seepage, shallow and deep foundation design, settlement, ground improvement, ground motion characterization, liquefaction, seismic and geologic hazard evaluation, and earthquake engineering.
- Assist the Project Engineer/Manager and prepare geotechnical reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering. Master's degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred.
- Preferred to have passed Fundamentals of Engineering or EIT
- 0 to 2 years' experience in geotechnical engineering practice.
- Working knowledge of standard software such as: Excel, Word, gINT, GEOSTUDIO Suite (including SLOPE/W and SEEP/W), Slide, SHAFT, APILE, and LPILE is a plus.
This position may require work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19. If that is the case, you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Washington Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $43,843 - $73,028.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.