Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader in central California, seeks a Construction Materials Testing Technician / Special Inspector to join our Fresno office.
- Competitive Wages.
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance; HSA & FSA; 401K; paid holidays; and paid time off (PTO).
- Certification, training, and professional development assistance.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and most respected firms in the industry.
Kleinfelder is looking for Construction Materials Testing Technician / Special Inspectors for several upcoming school projects. We need seasoned professionals who are comfortable being actively engaged on construction sites performing field testing and inspection services. This role offers a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on multiple high-profile projects, and to be part of an industry leading company.
Consideration for this position requires the following minimum competencies or experience:
- 2 - 10 years of experience in materials testing or special inspection.
- Radiation safety training and experience with the operation of a nuclear density gauge.
- Certification by the International Code Council (ICC) as a Special Inspector for Reinforced Concrete, Structural Masonry, Structural Steel and Bolting, and Structural Welding.
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade 1.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, maintaining composure and working effectively in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability to pass drug test.
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- A good work ethic, attention to detail, and high level of personal integrity.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
In addition to the above required competencies and experience, hiring preference will be given to those candidates with the following certifications or experience:
- Associates degree or higher in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Construction Inspection, or construction related engineering field.
- Additional construction inspection and testing experience and certifications from the American Concrete Institute (ACI), International Code Council (ICC), National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET); and/or California Division of the State Architect (DSA).
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.