Take Your Delivery Management Career to the Next Level
Do you have a passion for managing budgets, meeting deadlines, and exceeding client expectations? Our delivery management professionals are involved in project delivery from initiation and planning to execution, monitoring, and closeout. Each phase requires strong attention to detail while communicating to internal and external stakeholders. Do you have a proven track record in managing goals and objectives? Consider joining our team and work with peers who have vast industry knowledge and experience solving complex problems.
Step Into Your New Role
The Kleinfelder Bay Area team is looking to hire a Civil Engineering Project / Group Manager. This role will provide project management, business development, and leadership across a growing design team. They will work with multiple offices by planning and coordinating the engineering design activities of the Area, develop and maintain client relationships, and manage projects. The successful candidate will build, develop, and lead a high performing team of design staff to complete high quality work safely, on schedule, and profitably. The opportunity presented by this position includes a management role that is focused on the expansion of this practice area and leadership in the Bay Area. The position will be based in our Oakland, San Jose, or Santa Rosa, Ca, office.
- Mentor staff on technical design and provide review of design documents for engineering projects
- Provide leadership to staff and drive the development of individual growth plans for each team member either as direct reports or supporting team supervisors
- Actively participate in the strategic direction of the Area
- Support business development growth through strategic pursuits utilizing your established local and regional network
- Lead proposal development by writing work scopes and preparing labor budgets
- Manage multi-discipline projects to creatively solve our client's challenges in compliance with contract requirements, our company's health and safety program, and industry best practices
- Prepare group resource schedules for projects and prepare reports to management related to progress towards group goals
- Review and analyze project level financial statements, activity reports, and other performance data for PM portfolios to measure productivity, profitability and to determine areas in need of improvement
- Supervise staff with respect and integrity and identify a path for their success
- Forecast labor needs for projects in the area and support work throughout the company
- Determine staffing requirements and develop recruiting strategies for new hires
- Implement and oversee the execution of the Kleinfelder Quality Control Program on group work
- Provide engaged leadership, support the vision of the company, and contribute positively to our ecosystem mindset at all levels
Project and Market Types:
- Access road design for power transmission infrastructure
- Pipeline transmission and distribution projects
- Industrial site development
- Horizontal directional drilling
- Land planning & conceptual layouts
- Erosion and sedimentation control
- Grading plans
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and water management planning
- Storm water management planning and environmental permitting
- Climate resilience planning and sustainable infrastructure design
- Construction management and oversight
- Professional Engineering license in Civil Engineering (CA) is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required
- Master's Degree in Engineering or other relevant field is preferred
- Experience in leading, fostering a positive team culture, offering opinions, and clear direction
- Knowledge of project controls including estimating, scheduling, risk management, and cost control
- Experience managing or playing a lead role supporting a Profit & Loss component is preferred
- Experience with developing new business, creating qualifications and cost proposals, and contracting
- Commitment to leading stewardship of health and safety programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial environment
- Minimum 12 years' experience with 3 to 5 years of experience in a manager level role
This position may require work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19. If that is the case, you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $98,861 - $164,725.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.