Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is currently looking for a Project Manager experienced with Construction Materials, Engineering, and Testing (CoMET) for our metro-Philadelphia office, located in Mount Laurel, NJ.
- Opportunity for both personal and professional growth and development alongside an enthusiastic and talented team of professionals;
- Collaborative, team-based work environment;
- Competitive compensation package;
- Benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, & life insurance; HSA & FSA; and 401K;
- Certification, training, and professional development;
- Employee referral bonuses;
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and most respected firms in the industry.
We're looking for a CoMET project manager with proven client service focus and technical leadership abilities to join us in meeting the needs of our diverse client base on projects throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with a background in construction materials testing, special inspection, construction management, or other construction-related, engineering services. This role's primary function is to ensure Kleinfelder exceeds client expectations through frequent client communication, mentoring and managing Kleinfelder's local CoMET services team, planning and executing technical work, monitoring and controlling project budgets, and working to expand our client base. This role offers a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on multiple high-profile projects and be part of an industry leading company.
Position responsibilities include:
- Lead project and service delivery teams;
- Mentor and manage operational staff (field and laboratory personnel).
- Communicate with clients, staff, and supervisors to successfully and profitably deliver high-quality construction materials testing and inspection services on a consistent basis.
- Coordinate work to assure projects/contracts are properly managed thereby assuring budgets and schedules are met and work product meets both client's needs and Kleinfelder's standards.
- Target and achieve results based goals, set challenging goals, prioritize tasks, overcome obstacles, accept accountability, set team standards and responsibilities, and provide leadership/motivation.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for staff.
- Sell Kleinfelder's services to new and existing clients aligned with Kleinfelder's business plan.
Consideration for this position requires the following minimum competencies or experience:
- 5 years of experience in materials testing, special inspection, construction management, and/or other construction-related engineering service.
- 1 year of project management experience, including responsibility for direct client interaction, as well as the ability to plan, organize, execute, and direct various size projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, maintain composure, and work effectively in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability to pass drug test.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- A good work ethic, attention to detail, and high level of personal integrity.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
In addition to the above required competencies and experience, hiring preference will be given to those candidates with the following certifications or experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or construction-related field.
- Candidates with applicable construction inspection and testing certifications from the American Concrete Institute (ACI), International Code Council (ICC), National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET); the American Welding Society (AWS); and/or New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (NJDCA)
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.