Take Your Environmental Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! From environmental planning, permitting, remediation, and site characterization to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Step into Your New Role
The Los Angeles Area is seeking to fill a position of a Designated Operator Environmental Tank Specialist. The candidate will oversee and be directly involved in executing aboveground and underground storage tank (AST / UST) compliance for client projects. The candidate will also be able to grow in environmental technical work through involvement in various other environmental projects, including stormwater compliance, air quality, site assessment, and sustainability. We are looking for someone with interest in providing quality technical support on commercial, municipal, transportation, energy and water projects in our community. The position will be based in Kleinfelder's office in Los Angeles, CA.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Perform and develop scopes for field and office tasks (technical and non-technical) and independent analysis.
- Safely implement projects including field exploration, sampling, inspection, analysis and technical support.
- Provide technical quality oversight related to AST and USTs
- Understanding of AST / UST fuel / petroleum storage tank components and systems (i.e., Healy, Bravo, Veeder Root, etc.).
- Consulting / permitting / regulatory compliance experience in California, particularly with local CUPA agencies, SCAQMD, CARB, and Water Board.
- Act as a Designated Operator if needed for clients, including preparation and delivery of training as well as inspections
- Working knowledge of Fire Code, NFPA, APSA, STI as it applies to fuel tanks.
- Understanding of tank documentation requirements for Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBP) / California Environmental Reporting System (CERS).
- Oversight of tank installation, modification, removal, and operation.
- Understanding of proper documentation required for USTs for compliance with Water Board and CUPAs.
- Knowledge of and previous preparation or review of Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure plans.
- Ability to read and understand tank design drawings.
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously and ensure quality is achieved on project deliverables.
- Coordination of testing (i.e., SB989) and repairs of tank systems with clients and enforcement agencies.
- Contractor oversight.
- Organizational skills to ensure proper consulting of priorities to clients.
- 2-8 years of directly related technical experience.
Certification / Registration:
- STI SP-001 Aboveground Tank System Inspector Certification
- ICC Designated Operator
- ICC Service Technician a plus
- 40-hour HAZWOPER a plus
- Must have a positive work attitude and ability to work safely and efficiently when managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently as an integral team member, using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of diverse scope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Including Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred
- Position will require the candidate to adhere to work assignments/schedules, be self-motivated, organized and have a keen sense of detail.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $50,081-$83,486.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.