Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking to fill the position of Trenchless Technology Leader. The position requires a collaborative leader who can support ongoing business development, is passionate about the quality delivery of trenchless projects, and will represent Kleinfelder internally and externally in this sector of business. The position will be based in one of Kleinfelder's offices with a remote/hybrid work option.
- Continue to grow Kleinfelder as an industry leader in the design and field oversite aspects of trenchless services to keep our practices current and client satisfaction high
- Steward collaboration among our senior technical and business development professionals to drive growth and meet operational metrics
- Regularly coordinate and communicate with internal and external clients to understand their needs to ensure our services are meeting or exceeding their expectations
- Recruit, mentor, manage, and develop staff to maintain Kleinfelder as a place to have a fulfilling career
- Develop processes using industry best practices for project professionals to safely deliver trenchless design and field oversite services including field exploration, sampling, inspection, analysis, and technical support
- Support multiple small and medium size projects or one or two large size, multi-disciplined projects across geographically diverse offices and field projects to ensure they meet client and company requirements for safety, quality, budget, schedule, and profitability
This role is ideal for someone that is technically strong, adept at organizing and managing teams in the office and the field and is interested in leading and growing our trenchless practice. The successful candidate will join an established group of professionals, including inhouse geotechnical and civil engineers, and will direct the hiring and training of additional team members.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working with teams, solving challenging problems, will have experience providing high-quality technical and program management support for energy, transportation, commercial, municipal, and/or water project clients, and will have strong technical skills in multiple trenchless areas, including:
- Horizontal Direction Drill Design (HDD) including Inadvertent Returns and Stress Calculations,
- Tunnel / MicroTunnel Design Experience,
- Auger Boring,
- Construction Oversite including Data Collection and Troubleshooting Field Problems,
- Knowledge of in situ Pipe Repair/Replacement is a plus
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of related trenchless experience, with a total of 15+ years of AEC industry experience preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG) License preferred
- Experience leading large Trenchless Technology projects and ensuring high-quality field oversight during trenchless projects
- Can show technical leadership on past projects from setting up initial geotechnical investigation program and then interpreting the data through final design and installation
- Must have a positive work attitude and the ability to work safely and efficiently when managing multiple tasks independently or with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a track record of leadership
- Ability to adhere to work assignments/schedules, be self-motivated, organized and have a keen sense of detail
- The position will require the candidate to travel, as necessary, to meet with clients and team members
This position will be required to work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.