Take Your Environmental Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! From environmental planning, permitting, remediation, and site characterization to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is seeking a motivated environmental professional to join our Fresno Team. The ideal candidate will thrive as a vital part of solutions-focused and collaborative environmental and geotechnical teams. They will have a commitment to quality, innovation, and excellence, while appreciating the growth opportunities and investment we make in our people. We are seeking a skilled individual with at least 6 years of professional experience related to environmental consulting, site characterization, site remediation, and risk.
This position will support our growing environmental market in the Great Valley - specifically the Fresno area. Our Environmental / Geotechnical / Geological Team includes over 50 local engineers and scientists as well as a larger national community of practice. Our team takes a collaborative approach to project delivery, business development, and operational success that includes opportunity for professional development and career growth.
This position includes opportunities to expand your career to work on high profile geotechnical studies as well as continue to grow your environmental consulting career.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we're committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for collection, documentation, analysis, and reporting of field data including:
- Soil logging of bore holes, and the installation of monitoring wells
- Water well installation
- Aquifer testing analysis
- Completion of soil and groundwater sampling
- Hydrogeologic evaluations
- Report writing
Additional tasks will also include:
- Guiding staff geologists or engineers in performing site assessment, characterization, remediation pilot tests, etc.
- Working independently, using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives
- Strong attention to detail to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client specific requirements.
- Solving problems of moderate scope
- Experience supporting project managers in budget management, client updates, and general project management tasks
- Experience supervising field observation, testing, and performing site visits
- Be able to proactively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Be able to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Coordinating field work with multiple subcontractors
- Preparing work plans and health and safety plans for environmental projects
- Preparation of environmental, and/or groundwater supply/management reports
- Possessing a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment
This position will be a mix of office and field work. Individual must be capable of working collaboratively, taking direction, and completing work with basic supervision. We are seeking a self-starter with a strong desire to learn and be a part of a top-notch team.
- Bachelor of arts or science degree in geology, engineering, hydrogeology or the sciences.
- Preferred but not required - Registered Professional Geologist (PG) or Engineer (PE).
- 6+ years of related experience in environmental consulting firm or related service business and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training
- Valid Driver's License.
- Physical ability to be in the field, carry equipment, perform testing and sampling for multiple hours or multiple days in a row.
- Must be willing to travel within the state of California.
- Strong communication and writing skills and technical background in solution oriented consulting.
This position may require work on projects requiring full vaccination from COVID-19. If that is the case, you will be required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption in order to work on the project.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $55,151 - $91,994.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.