Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder Construction Services is seeking experienced Civil Inspectors to join our team. This position will focus on providing inspections for transportation-related road and highway improvement projects in the San Diego region.
As a civil inspector, you will perform technical inspections, identify and problem solve field issues, work to verify compliance with plans and specifications, and prepare daily field reports. Civil Inspectors may also be required to assist office staff with contract administration and coordination tasks.
- Perform daily construction inspection of work operation to verify contractor is building contract plans and specifications
- Prepare detailed Daily Inspection Reports, with photos, accurately reflecting the construction progress
- Measure, calculate, track, and record pay quantities for monthly estimates
- Assist the Resident Engineer with change orders, RFI's, submittals, response letters to the contractor, and as-built drawings
- Maintain a good working relationship with contractor and client perform other duties as required.
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum of two (2) years of education equivalent to completion of a curriculum beyond the 12th grade in either engineering or surveying
- Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated experience in roadway construction inspection of highways or major public works projects including traffic control, PCC and AC paving, earthwork, grading, drainage, and signing and striping
- BS degree in Civil Engineering and/or EIT, preferred
- Knowledge of Caltrans standard plans, specifications, procedures, and Construction Manual is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to work night shifts for an extended duration
- Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable
- Ability to learn quickly and assist with applicable tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Prior construction experience is a plus
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.